Addresses offline. Worldwide. Really.
Locus Map 3.17 is here with a long, long awaited feature – offline address search. It took us a little bit more time to tackle this task than we had expected. Petr and Menion had to solve many issues so that the system would be functional worldwide. However, they succeeded and Locus can offer addresses without need to be connected to the Internet.
Are offline addresses included in the new Locus?
No, you have to update your LoMaps first. Offline addresses are included in newly rendered LoMaps packets. Offline address search doesn’t work with your current or even older LoMaps:
- go to Locus Store
- tap your profile settings in the upper right corner
- select Check for updates
- update all LoMaps that you want to use for offline search
Where do I find the offline address search?
Right where you are used to search online addresses – in Menu > Search > Address & Place:
- go to Search > Address & Place
- when you enter it for the first time in Locus 3.17, the icon of the topbar menu shakes and unfolds to offer both online and offline search – select Offline (next time you’ll be offered offline directly, you can change the method in the topbar menu)
- Locus offers a list of available address packets – countries (corresponding to your updated LoMaps – if you don’t update at least one LoMap, there are no address packets). Select the country you want to search address in.
- start writing the city name, after two characters Locus starts offering matching entries, choose one you want
- start writing the street name, after two characters Locus starts offering matching entries, choose one you want
- Locus displays a list of all house numbers on the street, enter numbers to narrow the selection
- any time during the search you can tap the centering icon to show the item on the map
Anything else in the new Locus?
You bet! There are loads of minor changes and fixes as usual, rather a lot more than usual. For example navigation:
- support of navigation commands in BRouter routing service
- option to select means of transport (car, bike, …) for route recalculation of current active navigation
- Swedish Lansstyrelsernas maps were added to the list of online maps (definition in Store)
- we added option to colorize map by altitude
- we redesigned “map overlays” screen
- support of MapsForge V4 maps (e.g. language selection in map detail)
Points and tracks:
- support of long tap in points/tracks list enabling selection mode and pre-selecting single item
- all waypoints closer than 500 m from a track are now visible on track chart
Etc., etc., etc. Enjoy!
Do you like Locus Map?