News in version 3.2.0
almost five weeks of work and testing, brings another bunch of very interesting news. Don’t waste your time, here it is:
Online maps accessible from Locus Store
Do you have feeling, that amount of online maps in Locus is … too huge? We too. But because we like possibilities and ability to choose, list of online maps is now little bit updated.
- Widely used, global maps will be available in list of Online maps by default.
- Regional maps or new or not so much used maps, are now available in Locus Store. Simple check available online maps in Locus Store and add only those, you want, simple.
Ability to post images when you log a cache
Do you want to share foto with friends or others during logging a cache? It’s finally possible now.
If you use ‘Log your visit’ (online log) during logging a cache, you may now attach/pick photo. Enjoy.
New manager for a field notes
In previous Locus versions, were two places for work with field notes. Thanks to cooperation with independent developer called Ormoru, we created united place for work with logs/field notes in a separate add-on. We really believe you will love this nice tool. And trust me, Ormoru is planning really nice improvements.
Improvements in Locus navigation
In whole navigation system in Locus were made minor imporovements, like
- Better recompute.
- More precise calculate of time to target.
- Correct handling of ‘Navigate to’ feature, when track is not correctly compute (you now return back to ‘Navigate to’ screen) instead of need to set up all again.
- better visibility for navigation line on map (you may see part you already pass).
Advanced users interested in offline navigation in Locus, may try (except already existing solution using BRouter) another alternative – GraphHopper
Common pack of fixes and improvements
- Fixed issues with OSRM routing service.
- Fixed graphical issues in the Track charts, where charts were not correctly rendered during a scroll.
- Problem with UTM coordinates on south hemisphere.
- And more…
Do you like Locus Map?